Tecomaria capensi (aka Tecoma capensis) - Orange Cape Honeysuckle
- Fast growing evergreen shrub can reach 15-25 feet.
- Bright red-orange flowers appear mainly in fall, but can bloom sporadically throughout the year.
- Likes sun or partial shade and withstands a variety of watering conditions.
- Extremely versatile and low maintenance shrub - can be pruned into a hedge, trained as a small tree, used as a bank cover or espalier.
- Tolerant of heat, wind, coastal conditions, and drought tolerant.
- Very popular and attractive landscape shrub.
- Fire-resistant for defensible space